Monday, July 6, 2009

The Fourth of July came and went...

Well, we really didn't think we'd still be waiting to meet baby #2 on July 6th but who really knows how things are supposed to pan out when they aren't planned?
We welcomed the holiday weekend with open arms thinking that we would for sure see baby in our arms before Sunday came to an end. I guess you could say that it was our way of coping with not being on Sullivan's Island for the holiday, we thought, it's going to be OK because we'll have baby to focus on. Well, we're still waiting and still missing being on the beach, but we know that soon, very very soon, we'll meet baby and next year we'll get to celebrate his/her first birthday SULLY'S STYLE! How fun will that be?!?!?

I feel great, wish I could say that I was totally miserable and that baby must be coming at any moment, but I can't. Though I do still hold out a bit of hope that baby will come soon... :-) You can't blame me, can you?

We spent our 4th in the pool at a friends house, cooked hot dogs, hot links (Jason's way of trying to induce labor), Brats, eating Cheetos's Puffs (daddy's choice for Cassidy), homemade ice cream thanks to Jason, Rice Krispy Treats, Lemonade, and too much more to think about without making myself sick remembering! We loved every minute of our family fourth! While cooking dinner, a big storm rolled in and it poured! The wind was blowing so hard, there were sheets of rain coming down. We were thankful that we had made the decision to keep the evening low key at that time because we knew so many who were outside waiting for fireworks.
Once the rain moved on, we played in the puddles, then off to bathe! Cassidy put on her fancy nightgown and we jumped in the car and drove downtown to watch the fireworks at the ballpark. She loved it! On our way home she was watching out her window for more and she would see one and say "look mommy, look daddy! They're so sparkly". It was precious. But I think the most precious moment came when out of the blue she said, "Happy July Day Mommy, Happy July Day Daddy", Jason and I looked at each other and believe we'll cherish that memory forever!

2 comments:

Amanda Herrold said...

Good luck...waiting is the pits...I always ended up being induced b/c I couldn't wait!

Donna Hovis said...

We miss you here! Can't wait to meet Sloan Romayne! Love you!